Email signature management is highly relevant to small companies who use Office 365! You want your employees to have professional looking Outlook signatures across all devices, but manual updates take valuable time and things can go wrong!
Why Small Companies Need Email Signatures Control
For most companies, emails are the preferred way to communicate with customers. But the email signatures are often an overlooked part of small companies’ marketing activities – even though they are a great way to leverage 1:1 communication with your audience. So start to use the many daily impressions to brand your business in the best possible way!
With a cloud-based email signature management platform like Xink, you have the full control of 100% updated, accurate and branded signatures for your employees, no matter where they work from and on which device. It is easy and quick to centrally manage all email signatures without involving employees. And you don’t need IT assistance to get started.
Take a look at this video to learn more about email signature management with Xink.
Who Should Manage Your Email Signatures?
It’s completely up to you to decide who should have the keys to manage the email signatures in your company. We’ve made it easy with role-based administration so you can delegate the responsibility to the right person(s) or department. In our experience, marketing or communications professionals are usually responsible for the task in both small companies and large organizations as part of the branding and marketing activities.
Brand Your Business Through Office 365 Signatures
Email signatures are an excellent way to brand your business and should be included as a natural part of an overall marketing strategy.
- Your company logo is a central part of your brand – and of course your email signatures, too. Make sure that your logo is always consistent in size, resolution and where it sits in your signature, across mobile, tablet and desktop. This is easy to control with an email signature management platform like Xink.
- Drive traffic to your social media accounts by including relevant links in the signature. This should be to the company profiles, not your employees’ social media profiles unless there is a really good reason for it. We like a simple icon to click on because it allows you to include your preferred social media accounts in a limited space. Here is a selection of FREE social media icons in different sizes and colors to help you get started.
- Include headshots in the signature if you like! It can be a great way to get a personal touch to your signatures. It is especially good if your employees have outbound roles or customer-facing jobs such as customer support, sales etc.
- Make sure your email signatures are compliant and use disclaimers if they’re relevant to your business (such as law firms, real estate companies, banks etc.).
Use Office 355 Signatures as Marketing Channel
- Generate qualified leads through the email signature to grow your business. Let your customers book a demo or set up a meeting with you directly from the signature.
- Use marketing banners in your signatures to highlight content from your website etc. Link to your company’s new branding video or a significant blog post. Tell your audience about an event you will be attending. Showcase awards or prizes you’ve won and much more! Only your imagination sets the limits. So grab this great, low-cost opportunity to tell your story and engage with your audience.
- Include links to review your company, for instance by using a review tool like ReviewTracker! It’s a super easy way to get feedback from your customers in one click, and you can track all clicks through analytics.
It’s Easy to Manage Outlook Email Signatures with Xink
Small companies (perhaps without an IT department) can really benefit from managing their Office 365 (Outlook) signatures with Xink. Basically, you just sign up for a free trial of Xink, then download the Xink Client app and you can start sending invites to your employees! You can add your employees manually or by syncing with your company’s Active Directory. With just a simple click on the invitation link, and the signature is automatically pushed out to employees. You can compare it a bit to Dropbox or other web-based services. You don’t need any technical skills to manage your signatures with the Xink platform. That’s as easy as it gets!
This step-by-step guide will take you through the simple invitation process to add employees to Xink. It typically takes less than 10 minutes to do.
All the Support You Need
If you have any questions or need support, you simply reach out to us via email or – even better – via our LiveChat on the website. We’ve been working with email signatures for more than a decade, and we can help your business too.
This blog post was first published on November 20, 2018. Updated July 8, 2019.