Growing Your Community via the Email Signature
There seem to be thousands of guides on “easy ways” to increase your followers on major social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. Yet people are forgetting one of the small but powerful social media tools – your company’s email signatures.
The name of the social media game is sharing. You need to constantly be sharing:
- Ways for people to follow you on different platforms
- Ways to learn more about your company
- Ways to get that product or service discounted or for free
- Ways to get more of the great content you offer
- Ways to become involved in discussions
Email signatures is one of the best method’s to share your social media platforms. By placing links to your company’s social media profiles in your signature, you encourage people to start following your social updates. It is even better when you apply mandatory email signatures with these links for all of your employees. This increases the chance of gaining more followers, growing your community and increasing the chance for quality engagement and conversations with your target audience.
When you initially add social media profile links to your email signatures, people you are already in contact with will be more likely to head over and Like your Facebook Page or Follow you on Twitter. Leveraging the existing relationship, your social media outlets are natural progression of the relationship.
There are a few other strategies to direct more people to your social media profiles (community) with an email signature, including
- Include the latest post in the signature. You can hire a company to code your email signature to include your latest Tweet, blog, or Facebook update in your signature. This allows your customer to be completely up to date on what is going on in your company. This also increases the chance they will click on these platforms and become invested in your content.When including the latest update in your signature, you need to start placing a higher standard on the content you send out on social media platforms. No pictures of what you had for lunch, only content that is highly relevant to your business.
- Tell contacts about social media contests and promotions. One of the greatest marketing strategies on social media is to hold competitions or contests to engage your followers on your profile. If you have a contest going on, make sure to include it in your email signature to get your contacts involved. If there is a prize for participating, the people you email will want to know about it for the chance to win.
- Include a link to a survey on your Facebook page. Surveys are a great way to gain followers, encourage engagement, and get feedback on how well your company is doing satisfying customers. Give your email contacts the option to share their opinion by including a link to the survey in your signature. It is a good idea to require them to Like your page first before being able to answer questions.
The amount of social media tools available to you may be overwhelming. Start off simple with an email signature that directs contacts your social media profiles. Your comminuty will grow.